Saturday, January 23, 2016

Chef Mickey's


I love Chef Mickey's! It's one of my favorite restaurants, both because they have a wide selection of things I can eat and for sentimental reasons. The characters are always super cheerful when they're at Chef Mickeys (mostly likely a combination of the good food and indoor atmosphere). We ended up having a fairly late reservation that we managed to snag at the last minute. Alexa, Lexie and I were exhausted from our lifeguard pretest (and from worrying about it!) but we were glad to be able to get ready before we went!

Living with Celiac, eating out can be one of the more difficult things, but eating at Disney I (almost) always feel completely safe. They're very honest about if their food is safe or not, you have a dedicated menu, and in many places a chef will come to your table to talk to you and take you around the buffet. At Chef Mickey's, it was pretty self-explanatory. Don't eat the pasta or rolls, we'll bring you dessert, yada yada. They have amazing ribs, and their short ribs were good to! The mash potatoes were some of the best I've had at Disney, and I honestly didn't feel like I was missing anything.

One of my roommates has a lot of allergies, and they were really rude to her, and very "well, there isn't a lot we can do to help you." it wasn't very Disney. Yes it was the end of the night, but I was disappointed in the way she was treated. Never have I been treated that way at Disney, and I would never treat someone that way. Hopefully it was just a one off, with a chef that was having a bad day.
Meeting the characters was so much fun! They seem to hold a special place in their hearts for this restaurant, and it shows every time. Pluto got lost on his way over chasing a squirrel, but we meet Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Donald. We ended up closing out the restaurant and it was amazing to interact with them after most other people had left. Mickey was goofing off and dancing like his life depended on it, and it was just so cool.

For dessert, they brought me out this delicious vanilla cupcake (and a chocolate but I don't like chocolate cake...), but kudos to you if you can eat dessert. By the time it came I was so full I could hardly move, let alone eat a cupcake. So our lovely waitress put them both in a to-go cup for me to take with. We had a great night, and I would go back in a heart beat!


Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts