Thursday, August 4, 2016

Moving Day!

Okay, the best news I have for ya'll is that it's all over. Moving out of CP housing and into an apartment in the area was more stressful than I ever could have imagined. Until just a couple days before we ended up moving, I actually thought we were going to be several days between moving out of CP housing and moving into our new apartment... but more on that latter.

We moved to a beautiful apartment complex in Kissimmee. As soon as we knew we were done with the Disney College Program, I started searching for apartments that would fit our criteria. There weren't as many as I had hoped. We have a 40 lb golden doodle that will be moving down next month, so we had to find a complex that would allow her to move in, along with someplace that has a porch/balcony and fit's within our budget. We narrowed it down to just a couple choice's, went and visited at the beginning of the month, and immediately decided to move into the complex we live in now.

Unfortunately, the agent who helped us was more than slightly unhelpful [And is now gone]. She insisted we would have to move in by July 15 at the latest, but our CP didn't end until the 28th. On top of that, my sister and I were out of town for most of the time between visiting and when they wanted us to move- that was a no go. So we went home, looked on their website, and saw they had an apartment that wasn't even going to be available until July 15. Then, when we got home from the Midwest, we saw another apartment becoming available on the 23th. So much for limited availability, huh?

We applied on July 15th to move in on July 23. Decided to wait a few days to call them so the background check and credit check could go through. Called on the 20th. No answer. Called on the 21st. "I can't help you, I'll have someone call you back." 22. 5 "Someone will call you back. 23. No answer. 24 - Sunday, office was closed. Now it's July 25, 2 days AFTER we were supposed to move in. Kallie [our roommate] and I went over to the apartment complex, only for them to tell us they couldn't see that our application had been approved or denied. We sat there for an hour and a half, refusing to leave until they figured it out. They found our approval, and like magic, we got the ball rolling.

I'm not going to lie; I was a nervous wreck. I was a complete and total bitch, I was rude to people, I was in full on panic mode. I don't do late. On time? That's late. Early. Early is good. So I spent the entire week in a fit of nervous rage, and it only settled once we actually made it into our apartment and had the keys in the door.

We had to be out of CP housing by 11am July 28. I had an am IST from 7:30-9:30. [Spoiler: we didn't get out on time]. I was supposed to work an afternoon shift that same day that I thankfully was able to give away. We couldn't move into our new apartment until after 2pm the same day. Our lease didn't come through to be e-signed until the morning we moved in. Once we finally got there, it took over an hour to get our fobs to work so we could get in the gates, and even then one of them ended up not working that night [mine] Everything was a mess. A meticulous planner's hell.

But it was worth it once we got into the apartment. We still don't have a couch [coming this week!] or a dinning room table [not here until labor day], and I'm sleeping on an air mattress until my bed gets here Labor Day weekend with my mom, but it's ours. Our apartment. No inspections. We can open the windows if we want. We can burn a candle. It's so lovely to be out of CP housing, because as much as I loved my CP, I did not love their housing.

Now we have the next month or so to get it set up how we want it, just in time for the rest of our stuff to get here and us to rearrange. I'm so excited, but for now I'm content to have a moment to breathe. So I'll sit on a pallet on the floor with a cup of coffee in front of the huge beautiful sliding glass doors in our living room, and I'll just take a moment to reflect. And when things get crazy again, and life picks up, hopefully I'll have the energy to meet it head on.

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts