Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! I hope you have all had a fantastic day, free of stress and unneeded questions. I hope everyone's belly is full, and that you're looking forward to the month or so to come before we go to Disney.

Today, I am grateful for so many things. I am grateful to have a family who loves me and friends who are always there to support me. I am grateful to have a roof over my head and a warm bed to sleep in, when so many people don't have those luxuries. I am grateful for good food, for knowing my grandmothers recipes after years of cooking at her side. I miss her and my aunt, who both passed away a few years ago, but I'm grateful for the time that I spent with them, and the support they showed me my whole life.

But those are things I am grateful for everyday. I work hard at making sure not to take advantage of the little things I have that others don't. Simple things.

Today, I am also grateful for the chance to participate in the Disney College Program. After applying several times, I had all but given up on the idea of getting to participate. I am grateful for the chance to take classes from Disney professionals, and to learn what I love. I'm grateful for my future roommates, who are fantastic and fun, who I cannot wait to meet. I am grateful for my friends who I've made on Facebook and Tumblr. I'm grateful for you for taking the time to read the thing I choose to share.

More than anything, I hope you are happy this weekend. I hope you find joy and warmth in the little things. What are you thankful for?

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts