Wednesday, September 23, 2015

And The Verdict Is...

   I'm going to Disney! I'm not going to lie, I cried when I got my email, not that it should surprise you. Of course, since this is my first post, maybe it does. You don't know yet that I cry over just about everything, or that it's been a lifelong dream. In fact, you don't even know that I've applietd over 5 times. I guess I should go back a bit and explain...

   Hi! My name is Sunny and I have been accepted into the Disney College Program Spring 2016 as a lifeguard! I am so excited for this opportunity, it's something I have been dreaming of for 7 years now. I have been obsessed with Disney since birth so it feels only natural that I should be working for the company that helped shape my childhood. My sister did an internship Spring 2015, my cousin was accepted into Fall Advantage 2015, but I just never felt the time was right... okay, okay, that's a lie. In reality, I have applied for the Disney College Program at least 6 times, and it's only now that I've been accepted. Sometimes it's been a flat out no, a couple times I waited in submission until that last day to find out no, and once I never found anything out at all. Disney never told me anything, and when I emailed them, they said I'd hear by x date... even though it was 2 weeks after that day. So now here I am, a couple years later and ready to take on Disney! 
   Okay, so how about a bit about me? My name is Hannah, though I usually go by Sunny these days (Disney and I are currently fighting about that). I am a 23 year old elementary education major (yay little kids) at Indiana University Northwest just outside Chicago, where I am originally from. I've lived all over the midwest (Chicago, Henderson, KY, Louisville, Valparaiso, IN, and now my current town) but Chicago is where I call home. I am a summer camp counselor at a sleep away camp in the Catskills, and the former director of a day camp in Indiana. I work as a nanny for a very sweet 21 month old little girl. I am a Red Cross certified lifeguard, though I'll have to go through a completely different certification for Disney called Ellis. I think that's all you need to know. OH! And I'll be leaving this big baby behind at home, which is heart breaking:

 That's about it for now. Stay tuned for a post about my interview process!

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts