Friday, March 25, 2016

Magic Kingdom With Lindsey


Last week I spent a day in the Magic Kingdom with my friend Lindsey! She hadn't been to Disney before that start of her program, so it's cool to get to go into the parks with someone who still hasn't ridden some of the rides and such. Walking into the park we were greeted by the Dapper Dans, who you can always hear before you can see them because they attract such a crowd. We only stopped for a moment before heading forward!

We started off the afternoon at the laugh floor! I love the Monster's Inc Laugh Floor, because every single time you go it's different, and so it never gets old. This time That Guy was a little to full of himself, but they had the funniest little guy from Canada on screen for a significant amount of time, which was awesome. The lady sitting right next to me was picked for something, and I had a brief moment of panic thinking they had chosen me. I'm so not good at being put on the spot!

After that we headed over to Stitches Great Escape. I like the Stitch ride, probably because I love everything Stitch, but I know a lot of people don't like the ride. It's very loud and in your face, so it can get a bit intense. At one point, Stitch starts bouncing on your shoulders, which hurts a lot of people. The simple fix for this is to shrug your shoulders up when they start to lower the "body scanners'. Then release your shoulders once they've stopped dropping. This keeps them from resting on your shoulders to much. You can also push them up just a bit once they've settled to give yourself some relief.

After Stitch we headed to the peoplemover. I love the people mover for the amazing views, and because it gives you a chance to relax and take it all in. Recently they have been having a problem queuing people, with lines wrapping back towards Space Mountains, but since it's a ride that doesn't stop, the wait is never long. People have a hard time telling where they beginning of the line is without any real queue happening, and so I have seen more mom's scream at other parents "for trying to cut in line" here than I have anywhere else...

I have ridden every ride in Tomorrowland more than once since starting my CP, but somehow I still suck at Buzz. Maybe because it was closed fora  few weeks, or because I just don't have an affinity for video games? Whatever the reason, I consider myself lucky if I average 350,000 during the game. Whereas I have gone on with people who get to Galactic Hero halfway through the game. I guess it just gives me something to work towards? After Buzz we headed over to Main Street to watch Move It! Shake It! I love the excitement of this parade but it always gets so crazy!



We also tried to hit up Pirates to see my sister but that was a bust. So we headed over to Big Thunder Mountain to explore before trekking all the way back to Tomorrowland for Space Mountain... I always forget how big the drop on that ride are until I'm in the middle of it going "OH MY GOD HOLY SHIT I CAN'T DO THIS!!!" but that's another story. We also walked through the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House. It was so cool, and so pretty, but a LOT of up hill walking!

I love riding Winnie The Pooh. It's such a sweet classic throw back. I loved Christopher Robin and all of his friends in the 100 Acre Woods when I was growing up, and you really feel immersed in the story when you enter the the ride. The hard part for me is walking off and into the gift shop where there are so many soft, fluffy stuffed animals...

Lindsey had never ridden Seven Dwarfs Mine Train before, so we decided to standby it since it was only a 50 minute wait. I ended up only being 30 minutes, and then the girl in the fastpass line let us go again! Recently Mine Train has felt very blah, because I've ridden it to many times since getting here. However, we got seated in the last row (usually my least favorite seat on a coaster) and I found some thrill in this thrill ride again. I was so much fun to rock the cart from side to side while coasting through the diamond mine.

We finished the night on Main Street front and center for the second showing of Celebrate The Magic. I love Wishes, but Celebrate The Magic is where it's at for me. I can, and do, sing along to the entire thing, and it amazes me what they can do to the castle. I love the way it just celebrates the core of what Disney stands for. This is the magic I came for, and I'm so happy to be a part of this magical place.

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts